Menu

Hour-by-hour weather forecast as Preston and Lancashire thunderstorm warning remains

Posted on - 27th July, 2021 - 12:38pm | Author - | Posted in - Fylde News, Preston News, Preston weather, Ribble Valley News, South Ribble News, Wyre News
Lightning over the rooftops in Fishwick Pic: Sonia Bashir
Lightning over the rooftops in Fishwick. Pic: Sonia Bashir

Preston residents can expect thunderstorms over the coming days as the national heatwave starts to lift.

Advertisement

The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for today, Tuesday 27, to Thursday 29 July, meaning thunderstorms and heavy rain may lead to flooding and transport disruption.

Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures. Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.

There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater or lightning strikes.

Read more: Thunderstorms warning for coming days as Preston and Lancashire prepares for heavy rain

Here is an hour-by-hour forecast for the city over the next three days:

Tuesday (27 July)

11am – 18 degrees, with a 10 per cent chance of rain and 79 per cent humidity

12 noon – Still at 18 degrees, but the chance of rain will increase to 50 per cent, and humidity will rise to 81 per cent

1pm – Remaining at 18 degrees, and continuing until 8pm, with a 50 per cent chance of rain, but humidity will rise to 82 per cent

2pm – Sunny spells, but the chance of rain will increase to 60 per cent, and humidity will rise to 83 per cent

3pm – No sun, the chance of rain will increase to 80 per cent, and humidity will drop to 81 per cent

4pm – The chance of rain will drop to 50 per cent, but the humidity levels will remain high

5pm – Rain will drop to 40 per cent, but the humidity will climb up to 82 per cent

6pm – Some sunny spells, but the chance of rain will increase to 60 per cent, and humidity will climb to 83 per cent

7pm – Humidity will rise to a sweltering 86 per cent while rainfall decreases to 30 per cent and will remain there for the rest of the evening.

8pm – Sunny spells, but the temperature will drop to 17 degrees

9pm – Temperature will remain the same, but humidity will rise to an uncomfortable 88 per cent and will remain there for the rest of the evening

10pm – Conditions will stay the same

11pm – Conditions will stay the same

12 midnight – The chance of rain will increase to 40 per cent while humidity soars to 90 per cent

Read more: Heavy rain causes flooding across Preston and South Ribble

Wednesday (28 July)

1am – 16 degrees, cloudy, with a 10 per cent chance of rain, and humidity will stay very high at 90 per cent

2am – Conditions will stay the same, but humidity will rise to 91 per cent

3am – 40 per cent chance of rain, with humidity dropping slightly

4am – The temperature will drop to 15 degrees, but the chance of rain will increase to 60 per cent, and humidity will climb to 91 per cent

5am – 80 per cent chance of rain, with 91 per cent humidity

6am – Sunny spells, and the chance of rain will decrease to 60%, but humidity will remain high

7am – The sunny spells will continue, but rain will increase to 70 per cent

8am – The chance of rain will drop to 40 per cent, and humidity will start to fall

9am – 50 per cent chance of rain, but the temperature will rise to 16 degrees, and humidity will fall to 81 per cent

10am – Much brighter, with a 10 per cent chance of rain. Humidity will reach 75 per cent

11am – The chance of rain will rise to 40 per cent, with humidity remaining

12 noon – Rain will drop back to 30 per cent, and humidity will fall to 71 per cent

1pm – Rain will drop to 30 per cent, with humidity continuing to fall

2pm – Thunderstorms are expected

3pm – It is likely to brighten up with a few sunny spells, but there will be a 60 per cent chance of rain

4pm – Rain will drop to 30 per cent

5pm – Conditions will stay the same

6pm – The chance of rain will increase by 10 per cent

7pm – Conditions will stay the same

8pm – Rain, and humidity will rise to 76 per cent

9pm – Humidity will continue to rise as further rain descends

10pm – The chance of rain will decrease to 40 per cent, but humidity will continue to rise overnight

11pm – Humidity will rise to 79 per cent

12 midnight – Conditions will stay the same

Read more: More thunderstorms forecast for Preston as tree blocks road in Ashton-on-Ribble

Thursday (29 July)

1am – Humidity will continue to rise

2am – The chance of rain will increase to 40 per cent while humidity remains steady at 79 per cent

3am – Conditions will stay the same

4am – Cloudy, with 81 per cent humidity

5am – Conditions will stay the same until 7am

7am – Sunny spells, with a 40 per cent chance of rain. Humidity will rise to 83 per cent

8am – Conditions will stay the same until 10am

10am – Sunny spells with a 40 per cent chance of rain. Humidity will drop to 75 per cent

11am – Conditions will stay the same until 1pm

1pm – Rain will increase to 60 per cent while the humidity begins to rise

2pm – Conditions will stay the same until 4pm

4pm – 16 degrees, with a 60 per cent chance of rain. Humidity will climb to 76 per cent

5pm – Conditions will stay the same until 7pm

7pm – A few sunny spells, and rain will decrease to 40 per cent, but humidity will rise to 78 per cent

8pm – Conditions will stay the same until 10pm

10pm – Dark and cloudy, with a 50 per cent chance of rain. Humidity will soar to 83 per cent

11pm – Conditions will stay the same until 1am on Friday.



Read moreSee the latest Preston news and headlines

Share
Preston in pictures Covered Market, PrestonPreston Court BuildingLawson Street6201 Princess Elizabeth57313 becomes the main engine6201 pulls into Preston Station for an engine changePreston CenotaphColourful & Shops On Lancaster Road a View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.