The mother of an 11-year-old boy has spoken out after he was attacked in a Longton park.Advertisement
Luca Brook was set upon by three schoolboys on his way home from Hutton Grammar.
Stacy Dawn-Anne Stevenson-Brook has released graphic pictures showing her son’s injuries.
He was attacked in the same park where the following week video footage emerged of another boy being beaten up in Longton.
Ms Stevenson-Brook, 37, told Blog Preston: “They kicked my son in the head, face and body. They punched him too. All while he was on the floor.
“I’m heartbroken about it, scared and angry.
“It’s concerning that our kids are growing up in a society that thinks this is okay.”
The psychotherapist from Longton said she had been speaking with the mother whose son had been featured in a video of the attack in Longton which had gone viral and triggered a police appeal.
Ms Stevenson-Brook said: “I believe there is footage of the attack on Luca as well. It’s a worrying sign children think it’s okay to post these clips.
“We reported it to the police and to the school.
“The school said there is a massive issue at the moment with anti-social behaviour between gangs at different schools in the area.”
The attack on Luca took place on Friday 16 November at 5pm in Longton Victory Memorial Ground.
Read more: See the latest headlines and Preston news
Anyone with information or who witnessed the attack is asked to call police on 101 and quote reference 20181116-1213-5A1824811.