What do Prestonians call a TV remote?

Posted on - 10th September, 2015 - 12:00pm | Author - | Posted in - Opinion, People
This is a... Well, we don't know?

This is a… Well, we don’t know?

Who would have thought there were so many names for one little gadget?


Nearly every home will have one,  we would all pick it up and use it without even thinking, and life without it would be very annoying. But what do you call your television remote control?

We’ve done a bit of reading and found that Prestonians can’t settle on a single name. Is it a doofer? Perhaps a jibber jabber?

A flicker, a clicker, a pinger. A plonker, a diddler, a bodger.

The list is endless and so to settle the debate, why not take our poll to see if Prestonians can settle on a name for the famous little gadget once and for all, or comment on what its name is in your house below.

Preston in pictures The Orchard, Preston MarketWallace and Gromit in PrestonPriest Town Brewing, PrestonWinckly Street Alehouse, PrestonPreston Bus StationPreston 2021Preston 2021Preston 2021 View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.