The Wellington Inn in Glovers Court has revealed plans to open the beer garden on July 4.Advertisement
Drinks will be served in plastic glasses and customers will be allocated a 50 minute time slot.
The news comes ahead of official government guidance on reopening pubs in England, but the landlord says he is hopeful for the July opening date.
Groups of up to seven people can now book to visit the beer garden.
In a Facebook post, the owners said: “As Chairman of Preston Pubwatch our owner attended a meeting on Tuesday regarding reopening on the 4th. If this changes we will move the date.
“Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Fingers crossed everything will go ahead. We have plenty of time between now and then to ensure all the correct measures are in place.”
Read more: Latest news from Blog Preston
The pub will be taking table bookings in advance for 50 minute time slots from 11am until 11pm. Slots may be extended if another time is available after your allocated time, however the pub is trying to make sure everuone gets a chance to visit.
During lockdown The Welly has been serving food by delivery, including Sunday Roasts.
From July 4 the garden will be open, with strict conditions to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
• Entrance & exit will be via the tunnel leading to the beer garden.
• All customers will be asked to use hand sanitizer on entry and exit.
• You will be assigned a table before you arrive and it will be clearly marked.
• There will be a maximum number of 7 people per table.
• You will have a designated server to take orders and bring you your drinks.
• Contactless payment is preferred.
• All staff will be wearing masks, gloves & PPE.
• Disposable glassware will be used.
• Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
Are you looking forward to getting back to the pub? Let us know in the comments section.