A hedgehog has had to be put to sleep after it attached to a firework in Longton.Advertisement
The firework was attached to the hedgehog’s head and set off, causing serious injuries.
The incident, happened in Pendlebury Close on Friday night.
A police spokesperson said: “It comes with great sadness to say that due to this incident the hedgehog has had to be put down due to the extent of it injuries.”
Read more: Crime news from Blog Preston
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting log 1702 of the 8th November or report anonymously to crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.