Menu

Police say man’s death off New Hall Lane was not suspicious

Posted on - 23rd June, 2019 - 10:48am | Author - | Posted in - Crime, Fishwick, Preston News, St Matthews
Police presence off New Hall Lane Pic: Mick Kay/Blog Preston
Police presence off New Hall Lane Pic: Mick Kay/Blog Preston

Police have confirmed the death of a man found in the back of a car off New Hall Lane is not suspicious.

Advertisement

Beenland Street was closed off by police throughout Saturday.

They were called around 7.50am to reports of a man’s body being found.

Police said following their investigation into the death, on Saturday (22 June), they were not treating his death as suspicious.

A file is being prepared for the coroner.

A police spokeswoman said: “We would like to thank the public for their support and our thoughts remain with the man’s family and friends.”

During Saturday the police said they believed the man was 38-years-old and from Preston.

Read moreSee the latest Preston news and headlines

Share
Preston in pictures Don't know what happened hereBubbles at Miller Park, PrestonSt Marks church in PrestonGreen waterway at PrestonPeople and train at Preston Railway StationEscape Reality & Laser Quest at PrestonPatisserie Valerie, PrestonLivesey's Butchers in Preston Market View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.