The team at The Sirloin pub in Hoghton have thanked customers and emergency services after a fire broke out last night.Advertisement
Adam Chapman and Lucia Wilde said: “Thank you to all the community for the support.
“We have had a very serious fire which unfortunately has left the restaurant and pub devastated.
“The fire crews have worked tremendously hard and saved what they could.
“All guests and staff were safely evacuated and no one was harmed.
“Once again thank you and we will update as is necessary.”
Read more: Pictures from above show Sirloin pub fire
Emergency services were called to the 17th century pub in Station Road at 7.45pm on Saturday February 2.
Customers and staff were evacuated and firefighters battled for two hours to bring the blaze under control.
Fortunately no-one was injured.
A Just Giving page has been set up to raise funds for the pub team and to get it reopened. To donate click here.