As well as our most-read stories in the last decade we thought it would be interesting to see what people choose to share.Advertisement
Sharing counts as anything shared across social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and beyond from the last 10 years of Blog Preston.
We used a tool called Buzzsumo to see what got Prestonians talking and choosing to share these stories with their friends and family.
It’s a very different list compared to the most read stories list, showing an alternative side to the city and another side to Blog Preston too.
Read more: Blog Preston celebrates 10 years with Foxton fundraiser launch event
So counting them down, here’s the stories which have got you clicking the share button and sending to your mates.
10. 15 things you only know if you went to UCLan in the mid-2000s – 3,400 shares
This one features quite the picture of my good-self, but it was a time when UCLan rapidly expanded and it seemed to strike a chord with those who came to Preston to study.
9. Best/Worst nightclub promo ever goes viral – 4,600 shares
He became the face of the city. Oh dear.
8. This map of Preston city centre could save you £60 – 5,300 shares
Never has the introduction of bus lane confused so many drivers!
7. £1.2 million go-kart track to open in Bamber Bridge – 5,400 shares
Vroom vroom! The news of TeamSport karting opening up at Walton Summit really got people’s engines revving.
6. A Harry Potter exhibition has launched at the Harris – 5,900 shares
There was some wizardry here. The Harris has really started to move towards exhibitions the whole family can enjoy, and this one had a big turnout.
5. A cat cafe is opening in Preston city centre – 6,600 shares
Our exclusive on the city getting its first cat cafe was widely shared, and the Lazy Cat Cafe in Cannon Street has become the highest rated cafe in the city in a short space of time. It would seem Prestonians love their cats!
4. 34 things everyone who grew up in Preston knows to be true – 8,400 shares
Clearly Zoe nailed it, as thousands of you just had to share it with your friends and family.
3. Meatballs and traffic! IKEA is coming to Preston as Cuerden plans unveiled – 8,400 shares
And we all got so excited. Oh, no, wait, it’s LCC…
2. Scare Kingdom attraction returns to Preston in October – 10,900 shares
It’s clear Preston enjoys running through fields of wheat as much as Theresa May!
1.Preston mosque hands out clothes and food to rough sleepers – 23,800 shares
This act of kindness by the city’s Muslim community made everyone proud to be part of a united city. Well done. And it’s warmed our hearts to see this as the most-shared story.