A Penwortham school is improving security after an incident off the school grounds on Monday.Advertisement
All Hallows Catholic High School in Crabtree Avenue will have additional fencing installed after problems with teenagers who have been excluded from other schools.
In a letter to parents, headteacher Chris Horrocks, said: “Following an incident which occurred off the school site on Monday 21st January, we have acted swiftly and efficiently, in conjunction with local police officers, to address concerns over the behaviour of local teenagers who have been disrupting the community, including other high schools, since September of last year.”
Read more: News from Preston schools from Blog Preston
Following the incident on Monday, discussions about health and safety and safeguarding have taken place with senior staff and governors.
Mr Horrocks said: “This thorough evaluation convinces us that our practices and procedures are effective in safeguarding pupils. However we have taken the decision to further strengthen our perimeter fencing at the front of school to increase security of the site.”
Work will be undertaken during February half term and the new fencing will be as unobtrusive as possible.
Mr Horrocks said: “I would like to thank my colleagues for their actions in supporting our young people in the face of some of the recent challenging circumstances.
“The behaviour of our pupils both inside and outside the classroom remains outstanding and our entire school community should be proud of the high standards they achieve on a daily basis.
“School staff will continue to work with police to address the behaviour of a small minority of young people over whom we have little influence.”
Blog Preston has contacted Lancashire Police for further comment on the incident.