Deepdale evacuated after smoke seen coming from club shop

Posted on - 16th June, 2018 - 5:29pm | Author - | Posted in - Deepdale, Preston North End
Fire service arrive at Deepdale

Fire crews were called to Deepdale this morning (June 16) after smoke was seen coming out of the Preston North End club shop.


Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service reportedly sent three appliances to the scene at around 10.30am after the smoke was spotted coming out of a vent in the store.

Staff inside the stadium were evacuated as a precaution while the fire service dealt with the incident.

The Preston North End club shop has been part of the main stadium since it opened in 2016.

Crews dealing with the issue at Deepdale

Fire crews had resolved the situation and the store had reopened by just after 11am with separate witnesses reporting the issue was caused by a minor electrical fire.

More: Changes to be made to Deepdale match day catering

Blog Preston has approached Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service for further details.

Preston in pictures Glovers BarThe Union Carriage WorksPhileas Foggs, Cocktail Bar, FivesTrue ColoursBirchall Blackburn LawPreston OdeonPreston OdeonPreston Odeon View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.