Fire crews were called out to a high-rise block of flats in Preston city centre during Saturday lunchtime.Advertisement
Six fire engines were sent from Fulwood, Penwortham, Leyland, Bamber Bridge and Preston fire stations to reports of a smell of burning in Crystal House.
Shoppers out and about on Saturday (17 February) saw the firefighters heading into the Birley Street flats.
Read more: Another driver mounts Fishergate Bollard’s plinth
A spokeswoman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We received a call to a domestic premises after the caller reported being able to smell burning in the kitchen.
“When the crews arrived they reported that there was a strong smell of smoke.
“After investigating they believed it involved a cooker extractor motor fan which had overheated.
“The electricity to the unit was isolated and the scene made safe.”
The incident took place around 1pm on Saturday.