Dinner went very wrong at one household in Penwortham on Wednesday evening.Advertisement
Firefighters were called to the home in Sherburn Road, Penwortham, after a cooker fire.
A woman had placed a garlic bread in the oven and had become distracted.
Her smoke alarm activated and she was able to get the window open and the fire self-extinguished, according to Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service.
Read more: Fire crews issue fire door reminder after Preston flat fire
Two crews from Penwortham and Bamber Bridge attended the incident.
Acting Watch Manager Peter Blamire said: “We always advise people to get out first then call the fire service should an incident like this occur.
“It only takes a small amount of smoke to render a person unconscious, be careful.
“The Fire Service will be in the area of Sherebern Road over the next couple of days to give safety advise to the residents.”
No one was hurt in the incident which took place around 5.30pm on Wednesday (6 December).