Preston Police is re-releasing images of two men they would like to identify following a serious assault in a Preston bar almost a year ago.Advertisement
The incident occurred at around 1.45am on December 29 at the Beachcomber bar on Fox Street.
The victim, aged 38 at the time, was in the toilets of the bar when he became involved in a verbal altercation with two men. The men assaulted him, fracturing his nose and cheekbone, before making off from the scene.
The victim, from the Bamber Bridge area, was later treated at Royal Preston Hospital.
A statement from police said: “Shortly after the assault police released images of two people we wanted to speak to as part of our enquiries.
More: Missing girl thought to have travelled to Preston
“So far we have been unable to identify them and we are now asking members of the public to take another good look at the pictures, and to get in touch if they think they can help us identify these men.”
DC Andrew Crook, of Preston CID, said: “This was a serious assault in which the victim has sustained severe facial injuries, injuries which the victim is still having to deal with a year on.
“I am asking the public to take another look at the images of the two men we would like to speak to, and to get in touch if they think they know who they might be.”
Anybody with information is asked to contact police on 01772 209796, quoting crime reference SA1700092.
Alternatively independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org