Lancashire Fire & Rescue crews were called to the Flag Market in Preston after a van overheated and caught fire.Advertisement
Firefighters from Preston attended the scene which started at around 12.45pm today.
You can see footage of crews extinguishing the fire at the foot of the article. The footage was caught by Jamie Palmer of Yo Burrito.
More: Fire crews called after dog gets head stuck in metal wine rack
Describing the situation, he said a crowd of people had gathered round the van which was smoking. Within two minutes it had burst into flames with a crowd of approximately 200 people watching.
Jamie said: “Somebody parked a van at the Flag Market. It started smoking and got gradually worse then it was on fire.
“The fire engine was there within a couple of minutes so somebody must have called while it was smoking.
“There was a huge crowd, it must have been around 200 people, with lots of people filming on their phones.”
The fire is now extinguished.