A dirty oven triggered a call out for fire crews in Preston on Saturday night.Advertisement
The cooker in a ground floor flat caught fire in St Austin’s Road in Avenham.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service sent a crew from Preston Fire Station to the property around 8.11pm on Saturday.
They used a tool kit, thermal imaging camera and lighting equipment to make the cooker safe.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said: “A build up of oil and fat inside the oven had caused the fire and there was severe damage to the oven and some smoke damage to the remainder of the ground floor.”
No one was hurt during the fire and crews were on the scene for around 15 minutes.