A chip pan was the cause of a fire which saw a lucky late-night fryer escape injury.Advertisement
Lancashire Fire and Rescue service crews raised to Brownedge Close in Bamber Bridge on Saturday evening.
The fire was put out by the crews from Bamber Bridge and Penwortham fire stations.
The occupant had managed to escape from the building before the firefighters arrived at 8.40pm. They were treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.
A portable fan unit was used to extract the smoke from the kitchen.