Menu

Elderly woman taken to hospital after Ribbleton microwave fire

Posted on - 19th March, 2016 - 1:15pm | Author - | Posted in - Preston News, Ribbleton
Sion Close Pic: Google

Sion Close Pic: Google

A Friday night meal went wrong for one elderly woman in Ribbleton.

Advertisement

Three fire engines from Preston and Fulwood pulled the 86-year-old to safety from a fire in Sion Close, off Longridge Road.

The fire had started in a microwave oven around 7.45pm.

The woman was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to Royal Preston Hospital.

Fire crews used a ventilation unit and were at the scene for around 40 minutes.

It is the second fire at the sheltered accommodation unit, after crews were called in mid-February to rescue another resident.

Share
Preston in pictures The Station, Preston. 1539Adelphi quarter , preston , 23.06.2022St Walburge's Church, preston 23.06.2022Former Tithebarn pub and Preston Bus StationHarris Museum and Art GalleryRed telephone boxesRed telephone box on Market StreetPreston 2022 View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.