Menu

Gas heater causes Riversway house fire

Posted on - 24th December, 2015 - 10:42am | Author - | Posted in - Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston News, Riversway

Firefighters have warned of the danger of using heaters in the Christmas period.

A gas heater caused a fire in a bedroom at a house in Riversway.

Crews from Preston Fire Station were called out at 6.30pm on Wednesday to the blaze in Talbot Road.

Two firefighters entered the property and put out the fire and used a ventilation unit to clear the house of smoke.

A gas cylinder was taken outside the house to cool down.

Damage was caused to the bedroom and severe smoke damage to the house.

Crews were on the scene for around an hour on Wednesday night.

Share
Preston in pictures Preston - Fishergate 240406Loco 57601.57313 240406 Preston [63s]Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024 View more
Advertisement
Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's email newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday and Wednesday rounding up our top stories and more.

Advertisement
News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

The Preston Guide

Discover local businesses and services near you.

Advertisement
Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Blog Preston email updates

Receive our digest of the biggest and best stories every Sunday to your email inbox

We respect your privacy and you can unsubscribe at any time from our emails