A much-loved Preston florist has been saved from being engulfed in a fire at a flat above the shop.Advertisement
Margaret Mason and her team were evacuated from the premises in Friargate.
Crews from Penwortham and Preston Fire Stations were called out at 7.31am on Wednesday.
A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “When they arrived at the scene they found a small smouldering fire involving a facia board.
“They used a triple extension ladder, hose reel, ventilation unit and some small hand tools to quickly extinguish the fire. Firefighters were at the scene for approximately 50 minutes.”