Macs bar will reopen this Saturday with its boss vowing to strongly enforce ID checks.Advertisement
The full Preston City Council decision on why they chose to revoke the bar’s licence is yet to be released by licensing bosses.
It follows a two-day hearing where councillors heard evidence from Preston Police of underage entry to the club and management overruling former door staff.
Andrew Macdonald, director of the bar, said on Wednesday he would be appealing the decision to revoke the bar’s licence.
He told the Lancashire Evening Post there would be a “no ID no entry” policy.
He is legally entitled to reopen and has 21 days to formally lodge an appeal against the council’s decision, although its full decision notice has yet to be published or sent to the police or Macs bar’s solicitor.
A city council spokesman said they had received the full reasons for revoking – numbering 40 pages – and a decision notice outlining the reasons for revoking the licence would be hopefully be published during Monday.
Many Macs customers had taken to social media to urge Mr Macdonald and his team to reopen the bar.
A new security firm, Protege Security, is due to be running the door security for the opening night and their insurance allows them to police a greater area outside the bar than previously.
Protege said during the licensing hearing if there was any attempt to overrule their door staff by Macs management they would terminate their contract with the bar.
This was an issue raised during the court hearings about the closure notice served on the bar in early June. Macs has not been open since the first week of June.
What do you think of the decision to reopen? Will you be going? Let us know in the comments below