Late night snack causes fire in West Cliff

Posted on - 28th July, 2015 - 10:16am | Author - | Posted in - Broadgate, Preston City Centre, Preston News

Fire crews were scrambled to a flat in the Broadgate area after reports a person was trapped.


Arriving at the property in West Cliff they found the kitchen was smoke-logged by a pan of food that had been left on a hob and forgotten about.

No one was in the property or injured and the firefighters from Preston Fire Station used a portable fan to extract smoke from the kitchen.

Fire crews took to Twitter to warn “Don’t drink and then cook” after the incident.

The incident happened at 11.24pm on Monday.

Preston in pictures Preston Odeon FirePreston OrphanagePreston Odeon FirePreston Odeon CinemaSunny DaysTelephone Boxes, Market Street, PrestonMarket Street PrestonPintxos, Preston View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.