Menu

Fire crews called to Centenary Mill after clothes caught fire on heater

Posted on - 24th December, 2014 - 10:53pm | Author - | Posted in - Fishwick, Preston News, St Matthews
The pictures released by the fire service show the damage caused by the flames

The pictures released by the fire service show the damage caused by the flames

Fire crews in Preston attended a a flat on New Hall Lane after the owner left clothes drying on radiators.

Four fire engines were called to Centenary Mill just before 9pm on Christmas Eve.

Major damage was caused to the heaters and surrounding wall, as the pictures tweeted by Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service show.

Mark Moodward, watch manager at Preston Fire Station, said: “High rise fire tonight in Preston. Lucky no one got hurt. Do not put clothes on heaters.”

Share
Preston in pictures Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024 View more
Advertisement
Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's email newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday and Wednesday rounding up our top stories and more.

Advertisement
News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

The Preston Guide

Discover local businesses and services near you.

Advertisement
Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.