A cafe in the heart of Avenham Park has been granted extended opening hours.Advertisement
Pavilion Cafe applied to be able to open until 1am on Friday and Saturday and until midnight on all other days of the week.
A number of local residents objected to the proposal saying the noise from the cafe holding functions would disturb the peace and tranquillity of the park and properties surrounding it.
Tribourne Catering Services who run the cafe said it was becoming increasingly popular as a wedding venue so needed to accommodate later opening.
Councillors on the Preston City Council licensing sub-committee voted to approve the extended opening hours on Monday 10 November.
The cafe is also allowed to serve alcohol until 12.30am on Friday and Saturday nights, and also play recorded music until the same timings on both days.
Six additional conditions were imposed the venue, which the city council say will limit the amount of noise from the cafe.
1. Amplified music and speech from the premises will not be played at volumes likely to cause disturbance to nearby residential properties.
2. No activities that give rise to noise disturbances will be permitted in open areas.
3. There shall be adequate supervision of the immediate vicinity to control patrons visiting and leaving the premises.
4. Any immediate external areas to the premises must be kept free from waste unless kept in suitable receptacles which are appropriately and regularly emptied. This includes discarded smoking materials.
5. Areas immediately outside all entrances and exits, and where customers congregate to smoke must be kept clean, tidy and free from litter, especially in relation to discarded smoking materials. Suitable receptacles shall be provided and regularly emptied in relation to cigarette butts and chewing gum.
6. Clear legible notices will be displayed at entrances and exits requesting customers respect the needs of residents and to leave the area quietly.
What do you think of the decision? Do you live nearby? Do you use the cafe? Let us know in the comments below