Menu

Preston care home evacuated after tumble dryer fire

Posted on - 27th October, 2014 - 6:46pm | Author - | Posted in - Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston News, Tulketh

A tumble dryer fire caused a care home in Preston to be evacuated.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue service were called to Abraham House on Blackpool Road, Tulketh.

Smoke was coming from the utility room in the home shortly after 2pm on Monday, but the fire was put out by the time the fire crew arrived.

No one was injured in the incident and firefighters helped the residents back inside the building.

Share
Preston in pictures Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024Preston's Caribbean Carnival 2024 View more
Advertisement
Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's email newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday and Wednesday rounding up our top stories and more.

Advertisement
News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

The Preston Guide

Discover local businesses and services near you.

Advertisement
Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Blog Preston email updates

Receive our digest of the biggest and best stories every Sunday to your email inbox

We respect your privacy and you can unsubscribe at any time from our emails