Details of the route for Sir Tom Finney’s funeral have been announced.
On Thursday 27 February the city is expected to come to a standstill to honour the Preston North End legend.
Preston City COuncil have announced the route will:
– start at Preston North End, Deepdale Stadium
– then along Sir Tom Finney Way and Deepdale Road
– right on to Ringway
– then left on to Tithebarn Street, in front of Preston Bus Station
– right on to Lord Street
– left on to Lancaster Road. Outside Preston – Town Hall, the funeral cortege will be joined by civic representatives of the City of Preston
– left onto Church Street, arriving at Preston Minster
The funeral will take place at 1pm at Preston Minster. You can see a map of the route below:
View Sir Tom Finney funeral cortege in a larger map
All roads are expected to remain open other than Church Street, although motorists should expect a short delay as the funeral cortège makes its way through the city.
Preston has been left in mourning after Sir Tom passed away on Friday aged 91.