Menu

Kitchen fires in city centre after pans left unattended

Posted on - 9th February, 2014 - 11:08am | Author - | Posted in - Friargate, Preston City Centre, University campus

Fire crews from Preston fire station had to visit two properties after pans were left unattended causing fires.

A crew from Preston fire station attended the flat on Great Shaw Street at 9.04pm on Saturday.

Smoke damage was caused to the kitchen, dining room and corridor.

Crews also had to visit a shared student house on Latham Street, Avenham, after a pan was left unattended.

The fire started after a pan was left unattended in a communal kitchen, triggering the fire alarm.

Preston station manager Shaun Walton tweeted after attending the incident:

Share
Preston in pictures Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024Preston City Mela 2024 View more
Advertisement
Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's email newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday and Wednesday rounding up our top stories and more.

Advertisement
News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

The Preston Guide

Discover local businesses and services near you.

Advertisement
Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Blog Preston email updates

Receive our digest of the biggest and best stories every Sunday to your email inbox

We respect your privacy and you can unsubscribe at any time from our emails