New Hall Lane was re-opened in the early hours of this morning after a fire at a takeaway and flat.Advertisement
Lancashire Fire and Rescue service were called at 9.41pm on Saturday.
Three fire engines have been deployed to a fire at the Charcoal Hut takeaway and the flats above.
The fire is in the first floor void, the fire is in an area 30 metres by 10 metres.
A triple extension ladder was used, ten sets of breathing apparatus and two thermal imaging cameras.
New Hall Lane was closed to traffic in both directions as fire fighters battled the flames.
A damage report said there was severe damage to a chip range, a cieling void, floor joist and chimney flue.
Severe heat and smoke damage to around a third of the property.
Images credit to hennasheth