Emergency services were called out yesterday for a suspected fire in the Cotswold outdoor clothing shop on Fishergate in Preston. Here are a couple of photos from the day.
The outlet was evacuated while firemen inspected the premises.
Staff and shoppers gathered on the pavement while an assessment was carried out.
Damage was caused by a faulty mercury vapour lamp that was destroyed by the heat. There was extensive smoke damage to the first floor of the shop and the emergency services had to use a ventilation unit to clear the toxic fumes before anyone could enter. No injuries were reported.