Firefighters have issued a warning to check electrical appliances in garages after a fire in Ribbleton.Advertisement
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews from Preston to the fire in Stuart Road.
The incident at 11.38am on Saturday (28 April) saw the outbuilding destroyed by the blaze.
An electrical fault is being blamed for the fire.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Please ensure garage electrics are installed correctly by a qualified electrician and in safe working order.
“If you suspect a fault or have water ingress then isolate it and call an electrician out.”
No one was hurt in the fire.