Fire crews were out in the St Matthews area during Friday afternoon.Advertisement
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service sent a team of firefighters to a house in Bootle Street, off Ribbleton Lane.
The fire, at around 4pm on Friday (29 December), saw a pan of oil on the cooker hood overheat and ignite.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “The fire was already extinguished when the fire crews arrived and they used a portable fan unit to extract the smoke.”
No one was hurt in the fire.
Read more: New homes approved on former Preston mill site
The spokesman for the fire service said they were called to more than 500 cooker fires across Lancashire in the last year, mainly due to people becoming distracted while cooking.