Menu

Fire crews called to oil pan fire in St Matthews

Posted on - 29th December, 2017 - 4:58pm | Author - | Posted in - Deepdale, Preston News, St Matthews
Crews were called to Bootle Street Pic: Google
Crews were called to Bootle Street Pic: Google

Fire crews were out in the St Matthews area during Friday afternoon.

Advertisement

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service sent a team of firefighters to a house in Bootle Street, off Ribbleton Lane.

The fire, at around 4pm on Friday (29 December), saw a pan of oil on the cooker hood overheat and ignite.

A spokesman for the fire service said: “The fire was already extinguished when the fire crews arrived and they used a portable fan unit to extract the smoke.”

No one was hurt in the fire.

Read more: New homes approved on former Preston mill site

The spokesman for the fire service said they were called to more than 500 cooker fires across Lancashire in the last year, mainly due to people becoming distracted while cooking.

Share
Preston in pictures Grim clouds over PrestonEnd of the canal at PrestonSerene scene at the DocksScenic walkway at PrestonStill green canal at PrestonPreston MarketsFishergate at PrestonUCLan Media Building in Preston View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.