Menu

Woman rescued after pan causes house fire

Posted on - 14th June, 2017 - 9:42am | Author - | Posted in - Fulwood, News
Crews were called to Watling Street Road. Credit: Google

A woman was rescued from a house fire late last night (June 13).

Advertisement

Crews from Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service were called to a house in Watling Street Road in Fulwood at around 9.27pm after a grill pan burned and filled a house with smoke.

Three appliances from Penwortham and Preston attended the scene and firefighters used breathing apparatus to rescue the woman. She was seen by ambulance paramedics.

More: Woman rescued from house fire in Ashton

A statement from Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service said: “Three fire engines and crews (two from Preston, one from Penwortham) responded to the 999 call.¬†Food in a grill pan had burned and filled the house with smoke.

“Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus rescued a woman, who was attended to by ambulance paramedics. The crews used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire.”

Share
Preston in pictures Preston Grasshoppers 21 - 29 Huddersfield  August 19, 2017 17946.jpgTaking in the Sun at PrestonDown Fishergate at PrestonBeauty of Winckley Square, PrestonMy ignorance knows no boundsIMG_3679The beating heart of PrestonResting on the Flag Market Preston View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.