A quick-thinking customer stopped a car going up in flames outside a shop in Ribbleton.Advertisement
Parked up outside B & M Bargains in Ribbleton Lane the smell of smoke began to quickly waft through the air.
The white Vauxhall was smouldering due to a glove catching fire near the engine bay, according to onlookers.
One B&M customer came rushing out of the store with a fire extinguisher and managed to put out the fire.
A bystander said: “It was catching alight but they got there quick and put it out and we’d been ringing the fire brigade.
“If they hadn’t of acted as quick as they did then it would have been raging by time the firefighters came on the scene.”
The incident took place around 7.30pm on Thursday.