Yates’ bar and club on Church Street is applying for longer opening hours – at both ends of the day.Advertisement
Its application comes hot on the heels of Popworld, owned by the same parent company Stonegate Pub Company, who also want to open later.
Currently Yates’ has its opening times curbed to 11.30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, 2.30am on Wednesday and Saturday and 1am on Sundays.
A licensing extension application has been lodged by the national bar brand and they also want to open earlier to be able to serve breakfast.
Changes to the licence include:
– Selling booze until 2am on Sundays, Monday and Tuesday
– Selling booze until 3am on a Friday and Saturday
– Opening hours to run until 2.30am on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
– Opening hours to run until 3.30am on Fridays and Saturdays
– Opening from 7am all week to serve breakfast
It is not known whether Lancashire Police will object to the extended operating hours.
The licence extension application will go to Preston City Council’s licensing committee for discussion.
What do you think about the proposal? Do you visit Yates’s? Let us know in the comments below