Menu

Pictured: Damage caused by candle left by Preston bed

Posted on - 15th February, 2015 - 11:53am | Author - | Posted in - Avenham, News
Candle fire damage shown by Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service

Candle fire damage shown by Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service

It seems a romantic candlelit evening went horribly wrong for one Preston woman.

Advertisement

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a home on Grimshaw Street, Frenchwood, at 9.14am on Sunday.

Preston station manager Mark Woodward issued a warning for Prestonians to ensure candles are never left unattended.

He said: “The lady in question put the candle out before bed. She had a lucky escape.”

Share
Preston in pictures Statue on the Lancaster Canal, dedicated to the labourers, navvies and engineers who built our waterwaysStatue on the Lancaster Canal, dedicated to the labourers, navvies and engineers who built our waterwaysPreston Market doorwayEarly Spring dafsMore with Natasha in PrestonThe former Farmers Arms Hotel and Stables, Preston, LancashireBrucciani's Cafe, Preston, LancashireBrucciani's Cafe, Preston, Lancashire View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.