The culture of China is to be celebrated in Preston.Advertisement
Dancers, calligraphy workshops and Tai Chi take over the Flag Market later in September.
The city council are holding the Chinese Celebration Day as part of a number of events to celebrate the diversity of Preston.
The event includes:
– Demonstrations of Tai Chi and Chinese dance, plus the chance to have a go
– A Chinese tea ceremony and taste different teas
– Hear Chinese opera and listen to Chinese music
– Attend a Chinese language taster session
– Try your hand at Chinese calligraphy
A lion parade also takes place, a Chinese lion costume that is, at 1pm around the Flag Market.
Chinese Celebration Day takes place on Sunday 28 September from 12noon to 4pm and is free to attend.
Will you be going along? If so, feel free to add pictures on the Preston Flickr group or add them in the comments below