Pictures and video: Preston sun project is a favourite with BBC Stargazing Live
An art installation which started in Preston has been seen by millions on TV and visited by thousands in London.
The Sun At Night wowed audiences on the BBC’s Stargazing Live more than 6,000 people have visited the installation at Royal Holloway University in Egham.
The project allows people to witness a year in the life of the sun, with a 30 minute film accompanied by a sinister soundtrack from artists David Henckel and Dan Wilkinson.
They first put on the Sun at Night in November on the Covered Market in Preston.
Since then they got asked to be part of the BBC’s astronomy extravaganza hosted by Dara O Brien and Professor Brian Cox.
David Henckel said: “Royal Holloway University is a stunning location, which provided the perfect setting for The Sun at Night during an evening dedicated to gazing in wonder at distant stars.
“The installation, which allowed visitors to get up close and personal to our own star, was by far the audience’s favourite attraction amongst the many intriguing exhibits.”
You can find out more about The Sun at Night project on their website.
- 19th, January 2014
Most Read posts
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Friends gather to celebrate artistic creativity of Lithuanian student who died on Tuesday 318 views
- Preston runaway teenagers found safe and well by police 255 views
- Opinion: Why the humble coffee bean is the answer to Preston’s Unhealthiest High-street label 212 views
- Met Office issues severe weather warning with both wind and rain expected 152 views
- Broadband boost for Preston’s small businesses 143 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)24 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report6 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street7 comments
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land6 comments
- Opinion: Why the humble coffee bean is the answer to Preston’s Unhealthiest High-street label5 comments