Pictures and video: Preston sun project is a favourite with BBC Stargazing Live
An art installation which started in Preston has been seen by millions on TV and visited by thousands in London.
The Sun At Night wowed audiences on the BBC’s Stargazing Live more than 6,000 people have visited the installation at Royal Holloway University in Egham.
The project allows people to witness a year in the life of the sun, with a 30 minute film accompanied by a sinister soundtrack from artists David Henckel and Dan Wilkinson.
They first put on the Sun at Night in November on the Covered Market in Preston.
Since then they got asked to be part of the BBC’s astronomy extravaganza hosted by Dara O Brien and Professor Brian Cox.
David Henckel said: “Royal Holloway University is a stunning location, which provided the perfect setting for The Sun at Night during an evening dedicated to gazing in wonder at distant stars.
“The installation, which allowed visitors to get up close and personal to our own star, was by far the audience’s favourite attraction amongst the many intriguing exhibits.”
You can find out more about The Sun at Night project on their website.
- 19th, January 2014
Most Read posts
- Preston weather: Snow and ice warning as temperatures fall to MINUS three 1,485 views
- Talking ****: Four Preston roads declared dog fouling zones as Preston City Council acts on Blog Preston reader comments 916 views
- Preston ‘on the right road’ with Fishergate’s new look 289 views
- Good Samaritan who helped assault victim urged to come forward 268 views
- CCTV picture released of man wanted in connection with Preston station laptop theft 221 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo6 comments
- ‘Kiss and Ride’ now in operation at Preston Train Station5 comments
- Talking ****: Four Preston roads declared dog fouling zones as Preston City Council acts on Blog Preston reader comments5 comments
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 20155 comments
- Preston ‘on the right road’ with Fishergate’s new look5 comments