Menu

Chip pan fire at house on Old School Square

Posted on - 27th January, 2014 - 11:50am | Author - | Posted in - Broadgate, News, Preston City Centre

A chip pan caused a fire at a property in the centre of Preston on Sunday night.

Advertisement

There were no casualties after the pan caught alight on Old School Square, off Fitzroy Street.

A fire crew from Penwortham Fire Station was called out at 10.22pm.

The pan was destroyed and a fire blanket used to put out the fire.

Light smoke damaged was caused to the kitchen, according to Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service.

Share
Preston in pictures Renewal of Preston Bus Station - the tilesRenewal of Preston Bus Station - the sleek lines insideRenewal of Preston Bus Station - the bridgeRenewal of Preston Bus Station - the sleek lines insideRenewal of Preston Bus Station - the sleek lines insideRenewal of Preston Bus StationRenewal of Preston Bus StationCommon Terns at Preston Docks View more Advertisement Subscribe to the newsletter

Sign up below to receive Blog Preston's weekly newsletter. It wings its way into inboxes every Sunday rounding up our best content from the last week and a look ahead to what's happening.

Advertisement News by location

Find news by location, select an area of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.

Advertisement Categories

Find news by category, select an category of your choice to be kept up to date with the latest goings on.