Lancashire Christmas Market returns to Preston in December
The Lancashire Market is to return for a Christmas special.
Christmas stalls offering gifts, food and drink are to be on offer during the Flag Market event.
Last year’s Christmas Market attracted thousands of shoppers into the city centre.
Stalls will line the Flag Market under the Christmas lights on Saturday 7 December and Sunday 8 December.
This year’s Christmas Market should be boosted by free parking offered by the city council on the Sunday of the event.
Market Hall car park will be free all day on the Sunday.
St Georges Shopping Centre car park matches any free parking period offered by the council.
Fishergate, Avenham, Bus Station and Hill Street will not be free during the weekend of the Christmas Market.
The market is organised by Preston’s Business Improvement District who promote doing business in the city centre.
The weekend after the Christmas Lancashire Market the ice rink is installed on the Flag Market for three weeks.
View photos from last year’s Christmas Market and see what Tony Worrall found
Will you be going to the Christmas Market? Let us know in the comments below
- 4th, November 2013
Most Read posts
- Five women arrested after mass brawl outside Preston nightclub 2,545 views
- Penwortham girl dies during Cadley FC under-16s match 2,489 views
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 1,479 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 1,244 views
- Fishergate roadworks: Parking crackdown to commence as main shopping street works end 748 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments