Lancashire Christmas Market returns to Preston in December
The Lancashire Market is to return for a Christmas special.
Christmas stalls offering gifts, food and drink are to be on offer during the Flag Market event.
Last year’s Christmas Market attracted thousands of shoppers into the city centre.
Stalls will line the Flag Market under the Christmas lights on Saturday 7 December and Sunday 8 December.
This year’s Christmas Market should be boosted by free parking offered by the city council on the Sunday of the event.
Market Hall car park will be free all day on the Sunday.
St Georges Shopping Centre car park matches any free parking period offered by the council.
Fishergate, Avenham, Bus Station and Hill Street will not be free during the weekend of the Christmas Market.
The market is organised by Preston’s Business Improvement District who promote doing business in the city centre.
The weekend after the Christmas Lancashire Market the ice rink is installed on the Flag Market for three weeks.
View photos from last year’s Christmas Market and see what Tony Worrall found
Will you be going to the Christmas Market? Let us know in the comments below
- 4th, November 2013
Most Read posts
- Watch: AJ’s Dream flashmob takes over Friargate and Flag Market 2,198 views
- Joshua Bolton and Chloe Womack missing: Two Preston teenagers not seen since Wednesday 1,895 views
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land 1,559 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7) 1,344 views
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Friends gather to celebrate artistic creativity of Lithuanian student who died on Tuesday 927 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)23 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street7 comments
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land6 comments
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street7 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report5 comments