Lancashire Christmas Market returns to Preston in December
The Lancashire Market is to return for a Christmas special.
Christmas stalls offering gifts, food and drink are to be on offer during the Flag Market event.
Last year’s Christmas Market attracted thousands of shoppers into the city centre.
Stalls will line the Flag Market under the Christmas lights on Saturday 7 December and Sunday 8 December.
This year’s Christmas Market should be boosted by free parking offered by the city council on the Sunday of the event.
Market Hall car park will be free all day on the Sunday.
St Georges Shopping Centre car park matches any free parking period offered by the council.
Fishergate, Avenham, Bus Station and Hill Street will not be free during the weekend of the Christmas Market.
The market is organised by Preston’s Business Improvement District who promote doing business in the city centre.
The weekend after the Christmas Lancashire Market the ice rink is installed on the Flag Market for three weeks.
View photos from last year’s Christmas Market and see what Tony Worrall found
Will you be going to the Christmas Market? Let us know in the comments below
- 4th, November 2013
Most Read posts
- Preston City Council anounces a freeze on pay and display car park charges 207 views
- Lancashire council defers Cuadrilla fracking decision for at least eight weeks amidst huge protests 87 views
- New: Exciting new wine bar Review coming to Preston Guild Hall 81 views
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 2015 55 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo 50 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo6 comments
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 20155 comments
- A brief history of Preston’s former public tramways5 comments
- Police close Lane Ends as man hit by car5 comments
- ‘Kiss and Ride’ now in operation at Preston Train Station1 comments