Vandals hunted after community centre attacked in Plungington
Police in Preston are appealing for information after a community centre had bricks thrown through its windows.
The community centre on Brook Street, Plungington, was targeted by vandals between Friday 18 October and Saturday 19 October.
Lancashire Police say 17 windows were damaged.
PC Paul McLernon said, “Whoever is responsible has left an important community building unable to operate and has caused significant damage resulting in great costs to repair. We are very keen to trace the person or people responsible and so if anyone has any information or can recall seeing anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around this time please give us a call.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 and quote log LC-20131021-0981 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 22nd, October 2013
Most Read posts
- CCTV images released following two Preston betting shop robberies 263 views
- Preston athletes Scott Fitzgerald and Stephanie Slater to be honoured for Commonwealth Games medal wins 254 views
- Official launch of The Birley artists studios and project space 250 views
- Frog and Bucket nights saved by new Guild Hall owner 204 views
- How a Prestonian is planning to take his fruit lagers to the world 175 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments