Vandals hunted after community centre attacked in Plungington
Police in Preston are appealing for information after a community centre had bricks thrown through its windows.
The community centre on Brook Street, Plungington, was targeted by vandals between Friday 18 October and Saturday 19 October.
Lancashire Police say 17 windows were damaged.
PC Paul McLernon said, “Whoever is responsible has left an important community building unable to operate and has caused significant damage resulting in great costs to repair. We are very keen to trace the person or people responsible and so if anyone has any information or can recall seeing anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around this time please give us a call.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 and quote log LC-20131021-0981 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 22nd, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Drugs raids continue across Preston with five further arrests 912 views
- Coda, The Venue and more: Looking back at what the Frog and Bucket venue used to be 480 views
- Operation Nemesis: Five Preston men charged following drugs raids 471 views
- Preston Sikhs to parade through city in honour of First World War heroes 296 views
- Operation Nemesis: Watch as police raid suspected drug dealers Preston home 205 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments