Vandals hunted after community centre attacked in Plungington
Police in Preston are appealing for information after a community centre had bricks thrown through its windows.
The community centre on Brook Street, Plungington, was targeted by vandals between Friday 18 October and Saturday 19 October.
Lancashire Police say 17 windows were damaged.
PC Paul McLernon said, “Whoever is responsible has left an important community building unable to operate and has caused significant damage resulting in great costs to repair. We are very keen to trace the person or people responsible and so if anyone has any information or can recall seeing anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around this time please give us a call.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 and quote log LC-20131021-0981 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 22nd, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Five women arrested after mass brawl outside Preston nightclub 2,463 views
- Penwortham girl dies during Cadley FC under-16s match 2,425 views
- Former Ingol bakery to become new takeaway 608 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 557 views
- Fishergate roadworks: Parking crackdown to commence as main shopping street works end 553 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments