Vandals hunted after community centre attacked in Plungington
Police in Preston are appealing for information after a community centre had bricks thrown through its windows.
The community centre on Brook Street, Plungington, was targeted by vandals between Friday 18 October and Saturday 19 October.
Lancashire Police say 17 windows were damaged.
PC Paul McLernon said, “Whoever is responsible has left an important community building unable to operate and has caused significant damage resulting in great costs to repair. We are very keen to trace the person or people responsible and so if anyone has any information or can recall seeing anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around this time please give us a call.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 and quote log LC-20131021-0981 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 22nd, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Garstang Road collision: Motorcyclist in hospital as police appeal for information 432 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures 202 views
- Preston independent businesses competition: Vote for which city centre business should win 143 views
- Euston Street and Jubilee parks receive major funding boost 132 views
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved 128 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures13 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Further delay to decision on Cuadrilla plans9 comments
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved6 comments
- The Preston Historical Society take on the role of Blue Plaque scheme2 comments
- Watch: Action Records documentary charting its place at the heart of Preston music scene1 comments