Vandals hunted after community centre attacked in Plungington
Police in Preston are appealing for information after a community centre had bricks thrown through its windows.
The community centre on Brook Street, Plungington, was targeted by vandals between Friday 18 October and Saturday 19 October.
Lancashire Police say 17 windows were damaged.
PC Paul McLernon said, “Whoever is responsible has left an important community building unable to operate and has caused significant damage resulting in great costs to repair. We are very keen to trace the person or people responsible and so if anyone has any information or can recall seeing anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around this time please give us a call.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 and quote log LC-20131021-0981 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 22nd, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Watch: AJ’s Dream flashmob takes over Friargate and Flag Market 2,009 views
- Joshua Bolton and Chloe Womack missing: Two Preston teenagers not seen since Wednesday 1,848 views
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land 1,511 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7) 1,287 views
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Friends gather to celebrate artistic creativity of Lithuanian student who died on Tuesday 734 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)23 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street7 comments
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land6 comments
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street7 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report5 comments