Vandals hunted after community centre attacked in Plungington
Police in Preston are appealing for information after a community centre had bricks thrown through its windows.
The community centre on Brook Street, Plungington, was targeted by vandals between Friday 18 October and Saturday 19 October.
Lancashire Police say 17 windows were damaged.
PC Paul McLernon said, “Whoever is responsible has left an important community building unable to operate and has caused significant damage resulting in great costs to repair. We are very keen to trace the person or people responsible and so if anyone has any information or can recall seeing anyone acting suspiciously in the area at around this time please give us a call.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 and quote log LC-20131021-0981 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 22nd, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Leyland Road water leak hits homes in Penwortham and southern Preston 2,610 views
- Penwortham Christmas Markets two run on Pope Lane and Liverpool Road 581 views
- Fire crews put out blaze at Tickled Trout Hotel 508 views
- Preston Christmas Market opening times announced 482 views
- New £20 million engineering building planned for UCLan’s Preston campus 395 views
- Preston Market plans: Architects to be confirmed for next step in Indoor Market demolition7 comments
- Opinion: Why art-deco beauty Lancastria House needs to be saved from Preston Markets plan5 comments
- Watch: Replay back #AskRankin our debate with Preston City Council leader Peter Rankin4 comments
- Bonfire Night 2014: Firework displays in and around Preston3 comments
- Deepdale tramline: Councillors defer decision as Preston tramline moves small step closer3 comments