Gangsters Paradise in Preston as Coolio hits town
Artis Leon Ivey Jr., better known by the stage name Coolio will make a couple of PA appearances in Preston on Monday.
The iconic rap artist whose career peaked in the 90s with his best known chart-topping single Gangsta’s Paradise has recently been busy on reality TV in the States and over here. Who can forget him on Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (he came third) and the 2010 Ultimate Big Brother where he was removed from the show within the first few days.
The first leg of his new world tour starts in Preston at Ships and Giggles on Fylde Road (doors from 7pm). He will make a quick trip across the city to Macs Bar on Friargate before jetting off to his next gig in Switzerland.
Coolio recently sold off the rights to his entire music catalogue, including Gangsta’s Paradise, to try and fund his new career as a chef. Back in August, 123 songs went up for auction, with sale prices of between £85,500 and £143,500.
The rappers cookbook ‘Cookin’ with Coolio: 5 Star Meals at a 1 Star Price’ was a surprise bestseller.
Coolio started making thirty-minute meals when he was ten years old and has since developed a whole new cuisine: Ghetto Gourmet. His new book is headlined by chapters such as “How to Become a Kitchen Pimp,” “Chillin’ and Grillin’,” and “Pasta Like a Rasta” .
The man is coming and wants to tell you in his own words. Hear this:
- 6th, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street 4,445 views
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road 2,237 views
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report 823 views
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street 623 views
- Preston Station bar assault: CCTV images released in police appeal 565 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 6)10 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street5 comments
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street4 comments
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road3 comments
- Preston hosts it’s very first Color Run2 comments