Gangsters Paradise in Preston as Coolio hits town
Artis Leon Ivey Jr., better known by the stage name Coolio will make a couple of PA appearances in Preston on Monday.
The iconic rap artist whose career peaked in the 90s with his best known chart-topping single Gangsta’s Paradise has recently been busy on reality TV in the States and over here. Who can forget him on Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (he came third) and the 2010 Ultimate Big Brother where he was removed from the show within the first few days.
The first leg of his new world tour starts in Preston at Ships and Giggles on Fylde Road (doors from 7pm). He will make a quick trip across the city to Macs Bar on Friargate before jetting off to his next gig in Switzerland.
Coolio recently sold off the rights to his entire music catalogue, including Gangsta’s Paradise, to try and fund his new career as a chef. Back in August, 123 songs went up for auction, with sale prices of between £85,500 and £143,500.
The rappers cookbook ‘Cookin’ with Coolio: 5 Star Meals at a 1 Star Price’ was a surprise bestseller.
Coolio started making thirty-minute meals when he was ten years old and has since developed a whole new cuisine: Ghetto Gourmet. His new book is headlined by chapters such as “How to Become a Kitchen Pimp,” “Chillin’ and Grillin’,” and “Pasta Like a Rasta” .
The man is coming and wants to tell you in his own words. Hear this:
- 6th, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (Final part 10) 374 views
- Police reissue appeal to find Jordan Standing following Avenham assault 225 views
- Chinese student captures breathtaking pictures of Preston skyline 223 views
- Preston North End join Wade Barrett on wrestling stage 185 views
- Preston Roller Girls celebrate first victory in British Championship as derby girl plays on despite fractured sternum 117 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 9)13 comments
- Preston FM to re-launch as City Beat4 comments
- Chinese student captures breathtaking pictures of Preston skyline2 comments
- Preston author reveals his unpublished story of George Formby’s fiancee, Pat Howson1 comments
- Woman targeted by racist abuse in New Hall Lane before being robbed and have her house searched1 comments