Gangsters Paradise in Preston as Coolio hits town
Artis Leon Ivey Jr., better known by the stage name Coolio will make a couple of PA appearances in Preston on Monday.
The iconic rap artist whose career peaked in the 90s with his best known chart-topping single Gangsta’s Paradise has recently been busy on reality TV in the States and over here. Who can forget him on Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (he came third) and the 2010 Ultimate Big Brother where he was removed from the show within the first few days.
The first leg of his new world tour starts in Preston at Ships and Giggles on Fylde Road (doors from 7pm). He will make a quick trip across the city to Macs Bar on Friargate before jetting off to his next gig in Switzerland.
Coolio recently sold off the rights to his entire music catalogue, including Gangsta’s Paradise, to try and fund his new career as a chef. Back in August, 123 songs went up for auction, with sale prices of between £85,500 and £143,500.
The rappers cookbook ‘Cookin’ with Coolio: 5 Star Meals at a 1 Star Price’ was a surprise bestseller.
Coolio started making thirty-minute meals when he was ten years old and has since developed a whole new cuisine: Ghetto Gourmet. His new book is headlined by chapters such as “How to Become a Kitchen Pimp,” “Chillin’ and Grillin’,” and “Pasta Like a Rasta” .
The man is coming and wants to tell you in his own words. Hear this:
- 6th, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected 1,309 views
- In pictures: Run Preston 2014 10k and 5k races 1,040 views
- Scare Kingdom attraction returns to Preston in October 768 views
- Preston student lock-in: Made in Chelsea Stars to visit St George’s Shopping Centre 599 views
- Lostock Hall murder: Jason Taylor charged with murder of Adam Wilson 540 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments