Gangsters Paradise in Preston as Coolio hits town
Artis Leon Ivey Jr., better known by the stage name Coolio will make a couple of PA appearances in Preston on Monday.
The iconic rap artist whose career peaked in the 90s with his best known chart-topping single Gangsta’s Paradise has recently been busy on reality TV in the States and over here. Who can forget him on Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (he came third) and the 2010 Ultimate Big Brother where he was removed from the show within the first few days.
The first leg of his new world tour starts in Preston at Ships and Giggles on Fylde Road (doors from 7pm). He will make a quick trip across the city to Macs Bar on Friargate before jetting off to his next gig in Switzerland.
Coolio recently sold off the rights to his entire music catalogue, including Gangsta’s Paradise, to try and fund his new career as a chef. Back in August, 123 songs went up for auction, with sale prices of between £85,500 and £143,500.
The rappers cookbook ‘Cookin’ with Coolio: 5 Star Meals at a 1 Star Price’ was a surprise bestseller.
Coolio started making thirty-minute meals when he was ten years old and has since developed a whole new cuisine: Ghetto Gourmet. His new book is headlined by chapters such as “How to Become a Kitchen Pimp,” “Chillin’ and Grillin’,” and “Pasta Like a Rasta” .
The man is coming and wants to tell you in his own words. Hear this:
- 6th, October 2013
Most Read posts
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 2,779 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 2,185 views
- Fishergate roadworks: Parking crackdown to commence as main shopping street works end 1,274 views
- Tapas restaurant plan submitted for Preston Guild Hall arcade 659 views
- Preston taxis blockade Fishergate in parking ticket row 536 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments