University Police launch UCLan student safety pages
Lancashire Police recently launched new social media pages on Twitter and Facebook with the aim of improving safety of UCLan students in Preston.
As part of Lancashire Police’s 2013 Freshers campaign, they aim to educate students on how to take steps to reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
Covering all aspects of a student’s life, the UCLan police give advice on subjects, such as how to keep their personal possessions safe and how to stay safe on nights out.
A Lancashire Constabulary spokesperson said; “We’ve launched this campaign to help our students do as much as possible to ensure they aren’t a victim of crime.
“In particular, the core message of this year’s campaign is ‘Stick together, stay safe’ as there really is safety in numbers, and encouraging students to stick together will help to dramatically reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
“As part of the campaign, students at UCLan will be able to access crime prevention advice and information tailored specifically for them via Facebook and Twitter pages dedicated to each university.
“Each page will feature regular updates on crime in the local area, crime prevention advice and details of when and where students can meet up with members of their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.”
The UCLan police remind students that there have been a few incidents where students have had their mobile phones snatched from their hands and ask you be aware when using your phones in public. Keep them secure when you are not using them. Their officers have free mobile ‘bungees’ available that help secure phones.
Students new to the city, the university police team office can be found on Adelphi Street in the heart of the campus. Very close to the university library.
Contact UCLan police at http://www.lancashire.police.uk
- 26th, September 2013
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3) 2,313 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 2) 237 views
- Preston weather warning: Snow and ice expected through until Monday morning 229 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures 155 views
- DanceTalent flashmob takes over Preston Railway Station with Uptown Funk 75 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3)16 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?5 comments