University Police launch UCLan student safety pages
Lancashire Police recently launched new social media pages on Twitter and Facebook with the aim of improving safety of UCLan students in Preston.
As part of Lancashire Police’s 2013 Freshers campaign, they aim to educate students on how to take steps to reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
Covering all aspects of a student’s life, the UCLan police give advice on subjects, such as how to keep their personal possessions safe and how to stay safe on nights out.
A Lancashire Constabulary spokesperson said; “We’ve launched this campaign to help our students do as much as possible to ensure they aren’t a victim of crime.
“In particular, the core message of this year’s campaign is ‘Stick together, stay safe’ as there really is safety in numbers, and encouraging students to stick together will help to dramatically reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
“As part of the campaign, students at UCLan will be able to access crime prevention advice and information tailored specifically for them via Facebook and Twitter pages dedicated to each university.
“Each page will feature regular updates on crime in the local area, crime prevention advice and details of when and where students can meet up with members of their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.”
The UCLan police remind students that there have been a few incidents where students have had their mobile phones snatched from their hands and ask you be aware when using your phones in public. Keep them secure when you are not using them. Their officers have free mobile ‘bungees’ available that help secure phones.
Students new to the city, the university police team office can be found on Adelphi Street in the heart of the campus. Very close to the university library.
Contact UCLan police at http://www.lancashire.police.uk
- 26th, September 2013
Most Read posts
- Jonjo Highton murder: Two more Preston men charged with murder 916 views
- Police appeal as sex offender Byrom Cross could be in Preston area 730 views
- Jonjo Highton murder: Two Preston men and teenage girl held as investigation continues 418 views
- Michelle Keegan to officially open new Preston club Mokai 298 views
- Family pay tribute to teenage cyclist who died in New Hall Lane collision 207 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments