University Police launch UCLan student safety pages
Lancashire Police recently launched new social media pages on Twitter and Facebook with the aim of improving safety of UCLan students in Preston.
As part of Lancashire Police’s 2013 Freshers campaign, they aim to educate students on how to take steps to reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
Covering all aspects of a student’s life, the UCLan police give advice on subjects, such as how to keep their personal possessions safe and how to stay safe on nights out.
A Lancashire Constabulary spokesperson said; “We’ve launched this campaign to help our students do as much as possible to ensure they aren’t a victim of crime.
“In particular, the core message of this year’s campaign is ‘Stick together, stay safe’ as there really is safety in numbers, and encouraging students to stick together will help to dramatically reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
“As part of the campaign, students at UCLan will be able to access crime prevention advice and information tailored specifically for them via Facebook and Twitter pages dedicated to each university.
“Each page will feature regular updates on crime in the local area, crime prevention advice and details of when and where students can meet up with members of their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.”
The UCLan police remind students that there have been a few incidents where students have had their mobile phones snatched from their hands and ask you be aware when using your phones in public. Keep them secure when you are not using them. Their officers have free mobile ‘bungees’ available that help secure phones.
Students new to the city, the university police team office can be found on Adelphi Street in the heart of the campus. Very close to the university library.
Contact UCLan police at http://www.lancashire.police.uk
- 26th, September 2013
Most Read posts
- Mystery of Prescott’s Court on student apartments construction site in Friargate 1,046 views
- Two men wanted after string of street robberies in Plungington area 654 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (Final part 10) 286 views
- Franky and Benny’s confirms Deepdale restaurant plan with 40 jobs created 272 views
- Ringway roadworks: Overnight and weekend lane closures for urgent bridge repair works 160 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (Final part 10)12 comments
- Mystery of Prescott’s Court on student apartments construction site in Friargate8 comments
- Franky and Benny’s confirms Deepdale restaurant plan with 40 jobs created2 comments
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 6)17 comments
- Preston author reveals his unpublished story of George Formby’s fiancee, Pat Howson1 comments