Preston Register Office in temporary move
While essential building work is carried out the Lancashire Register Office in Preston is on the move
Services at the Bow Lane office will temporarily move, taking place over two phases, to the former Park Hotel at East Cliff, Preston, for about eight months.
From 15 April, all appointments to register births, deaths and still-births, together with appointments for notices of marriages and civil partnerships, will transfer to the new offices.
From 1 May, all wedding and civil partnership ceremonies, which are normally carried out in the Lancashire Rose Suite on Bow Lane, will be performed in the ballroom at the former Park Hotel.
Lancashire County Council’s registration and coroners’ support manager Steve Lloyd commented on the move: “We realise the Park Hotel at East Cliff is a bit less central than our permanent base on Bow Lane, and we should like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
“However, we’re confident that the ballroom will be a very pleasing venue for couples wishing to get married or enter into a civil partnership.
“The ballroom overlooks Miller Park and offers lovely views for couples and their friends and families to enjoy.
“It has been laid out with a central aisle, in the traditional way, and is equally suitable for large or small ceremony parties.
“Additionally, ceremony parties will have the option to leave through the side door of the building, offering a great opportunity for photographs against the backdrop of the park.”
For enquiries, and to book an appointment for all Preston Register Office services, please phone 0845 053 0021.
- 20th, March 2013
Most Read posts
- Gridlock city: Why has Preston’s peak-time traffic become so much worse recently? 4,602 views
- Man found dead near Lane Ends Post Office 3,577 views
- Preston Gridlock: Map showing roadworks circle of hell around city 2,571 views
- Preston Christmas Market opening times announced 2,361 views
- Sex offender Leanne Gilder arrested just outside Preston after breaching licence 1,275 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city6 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments