Photos + Video: Preston Caribbean Carnival
The rain didn’t interrupt Preston’s annual Caribbean Carnival celebrations yesterday, as vibrant costumes and up beat music paraded through the city centre.
Although the weather didn’t live up to expectations, crowds of people still lined the procession route from Moor Park to Avenham Park to cheer on the performers. Samba band Batala got people in the mood with some impressive beats outside the entrance to Miller Arcade, before the procession – led by the King and Queen from New Generation – made its way along Lancaster Road and down Fishergate. The procession welcomed bands from Luton, Nottingham, Manchester and Birmingham, as well as six local bands, community groups and several individuals.
Check out our photos and video from the procession below.
Were you at the Carnival yesterday? Tell us what you thought about the procession in the comments below.
- 4th, June 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston North End win promotion to the Championship 443 views
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper 345 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5) 246 views
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey 200 views
- Preston Cemetery to host free history and wildlife tours 193 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park4 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree2 comments
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey2 comments