Photos + Video: Preston Caribbean Carnival
The rain didn’t interrupt Preston’s annual Caribbean Carnival celebrations yesterday, as vibrant costumes and up beat music paraded through the city centre.
Although the weather didn’t live up to expectations, crowds of people still lined the procession route from Moor Park to Avenham Park to cheer on the performers. Samba band Batala got people in the mood with some impressive beats outside the entrance to Miller Arcade, before the procession – led by the King and Queen from New Generation – made its way along Lancaster Road and down Fishergate. The procession welcomed bands from Luton, Nottingham, Manchester and Birmingham, as well as six local bands, community groups and several individuals.
Check out our photos and video from the procession below.
Were you at the Carnival yesterday? Tell us what you thought about the procession in the comments below.
- 4th, June 2012
Most Read posts
- Snow warning: Preston expected to see some snow during Wednesday and Thursday 607 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo 478 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston 323 views
- Police look for man after he exposed himself to children on disused Ribbleton railway line 301 views
- Preston singer-songwriter Abby Scott releases single on new platform Emergeination 192 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston4 comments
- New Preston city centre Wetherspoons to be called Twelve Tellers and serve booze until 2am5 comments
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo3 comments
- Blog Preston launches mobile and tablet app8 comments
- Belladonna’s Boudoir to open on Cannon Street1 comments