Photos + Video: Preston Caribbean Carnival
The rain didn’t interrupt Preston’s annual Caribbean Carnival celebrations yesterday, as vibrant costumes and up beat music paraded through the city centre.
Although the weather didn’t live up to expectations, crowds of people still lined the procession route from Moor Park to Avenham Park to cheer on the performers. Samba band Batala got people in the mood with some impressive beats outside the entrance to Miller Arcade, before the procession – led by the King and Queen from New Generation – made its way along Lancaster Road and down Fishergate. The procession welcomed bands from Luton, Nottingham, Manchester and Birmingham, as well as six local bands, community groups and several individuals.
Check out our photos and video from the procession below.
Were you at the Carnival yesterday? Tell us what you thought about the procession in the comments below.
- 4th, June 2012
Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
Most Read posts
- Wedding guest pair hunted by police after teenagers left with serious injuries 4,530 views
- Preston woman becomes centre of internet storm thanks to Glasgow hostel review 1,490 views
- Preston RSPCA in plea for kitten food 217 views
- Summer Fayre returns to St Walburge’s 112 views
- Tributes paid to man killed in Fulwood crash 106 views