Photos + Video: Preston Caribbean Carnival
The rain didn’t interrupt Preston’s annual Caribbean Carnival celebrations yesterday, as vibrant costumes and up beat music paraded through the city centre.
Although the weather didn’t live up to expectations, crowds of people still lined the procession route from Moor Park to Avenham Park to cheer on the performers. Samba band Batala got people in the mood with some impressive beats outside the entrance to Miller Arcade, before the procession – led by the King and Queen from New Generation – made its way along Lancaster Road and down Fishergate. The procession welcomed bands from Luton, Nottingham, Manchester and Birmingham, as well as six local bands, community groups and several individuals.
Check out our photos and video from the procession below.
Were you at the Carnival yesterday? Tell us what you thought about the procession in the comments below.
- 4th, June 2012
Most Read posts
- In pictures: Run Preston 2014 10k and 5k races 969 views
- Scare Kingdom attraction returns to Preston in October 591 views
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected 503 views
- Lostock Hall murder: Jason Taylor charged with murder of Adam Wilson 499 views
- Police issue CCTV picture after man has jaw fractured inside Evoque nightclub 434 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments