Grimsargh Parish council wins funding for Guild leaflet
A parish council in Preston has received £200 to help fund a leaflet about the Guild.
Grimsargh Parish Council was awarded a grant from Lancashire County Council to keep its residents in the loop on all things Guild-related.
Sue Whittam, clerk to the council, said: “This is a good example of the community working together to celebrate Preston Guild 2012.”
The leaflet has information about Guild activities and will go to every house in Grimsargh.
The funding came from the County Council’s champion for parish councils, councillor Mike Otter.
He said: “These groups do a superb job providing activities and services for the people of Lancashire.
“They are the closest tier of local government to the community and it’s vital we do all we can to help them out.”
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Chinese student captures breathtaking pictures of Preston skyline 213 views
- Police reissue appeal to find Jordan Standing following Avenham assault 193 views
- Preston North End join Wade Barrett on wrestling stage 158 views
- Preston Roller Girls celebrate first victory in British Championship as derby girl plays on despite fractured sternum 110 views
- Burrito Brothers announce they are “Closed Indefinitely” 62 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 9)13 comments
- Preston FM to re-launch as City Beat4 comments
- Chinese student captures breathtaking pictures of Preston skyline2 comments
- Preston author reveals his unpublished story of George Formby’s fiancee, Pat Howson1 comments
- Withy Trees pub has major refurbishment2 comments