Grimsargh Parish council wins funding for Guild leaflet
A parish council in Preston has received £200 to help fund a leaflet about the Guild.
Grimsargh Parish Council was awarded a grant from Lancashire County Council to keep its residents in the loop on all things Guild-related.
Sue Whittam, clerk to the council, said: “This is a good example of the community working together to celebrate Preston Guild 2012.”
The leaflet has information about Guild activities and will go to every house in Grimsargh.
The funding came from the County Council’s champion for parish councils, councillor Mike Otter.
He said: “These groups do a superb job providing activities and services for the people of Lancashire.
“They are the closest tier of local government to the community and it’s vital we do all we can to help them out.”
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road 4,452 views
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street 3,855 views
- Preston Station bar assault: CCTV images released in police appeal 713 views
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report 586 views
- Preston man, 30, missing from home 347 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 6)10 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street5 comments
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road3 comments
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures20 comments
- Preston hosts it’s very first Color Run2 comments