Grimsargh Parish council wins funding for Guild leaflet
A parish council in Preston has received £200 to help fund a leaflet about the Guild.
Grimsargh Parish Council was awarded a grant from Lancashire County Council to keep its residents in the loop on all things Guild-related.
Sue Whittam, clerk to the council, said: “This is a good example of the community working together to celebrate Preston Guild 2012.”
The leaflet has information about Guild activities and will go to every house in Grimsargh.
The funding came from the County Council’s champion for parish councils, councillor Mike Otter.
He said: “These groups do a superb job providing activities and services for the people of Lancashire.
“They are the closest tier of local government to the community and it’s vital we do all we can to help them out.”
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- How a Prestonian is planning to take his fruit lagers to the world 392 views
- Preston athletes Scott Fitzgerald and Stephanie Slater to be honoured for Commonwealth Games medal wins 284 views
- CCTV images released following two Preston betting shop robberies 257 views
- Family fun day extravaganza to be held at The Green Frog on Preston’s Docklands 225 views
- Official launch of The Birley artists studios and project space 133 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments