Grimsargh Parish council wins funding for Guild leaflet
A parish council in Preston has received £200 to help fund a leaflet about the Guild.
Grimsargh Parish Council was awarded a grant from Lancashire County Council to keep its residents in the loop on all things Guild-related.
Sue Whittam, clerk to the council, said: “This is a good example of the community working together to celebrate Preston Guild 2012.”
The leaflet has information about Guild activities and will go to every house in Grimsargh.
The funding came from the County Council’s champion for parish councils, councillor Mike Otter.
He said: “These groups do a superb job providing activities and services for the people of Lancashire.
“They are the closest tier of local government to the community and it’s vital we do all we can to help them out.”
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Jonjo Highton murder: Two more Preston men charged with murder 1,766 views
- Fulwood Co-op incident: Three people wanted by police after theft and assault 510 views
- Police appeal as sex offender Byrom Cross could be in Preston area 320 views
- Jonjo Highton murder: Two Preston men and teenage girl held as investigation continues 244 views
- Penwortham bypass: Consultation events to take place across the area 202 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments