Food festival set for Winckley Square in September
A giant edible map of Preston will take over Winckley Square in September as part of a food festival.
The Square Food Festival will run during the Guild and show off the best of Lancashire’s food and drink on Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September.
Visitors to the foodie feast will be able to make their favourite Preston building out of cake, and then eat them up at the Great Preston Picnic on Sunday 2 September.
Stella Hall, festival director at Preston Guild 2012, said: “This is a fantastic part of the Guild celebrations which will really highlight some of the delicious food and drink that is produced locally.
“Foodies of all ages will be able to get involved and experience a real taste of Lancashire. And with the fun food activities including foraging trips and Cake City on offer visitors need to bring an empty stomach and a full sense of adventure.”
The event is the culmination of the Love Food, Love Preston festival which runs throughout August and aims to promote eating out in the city.
Winckley Square will be transformed for the weekend and include tastings, workshops and lots of stalls selling local produce.
What do you think about the food festival? Will you be going? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to Tony Worrall
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Mystery of Prescott’s Court on student apartments construction site in Friargate 1,076 views
- Two men wanted after string of street robberies in Plungington area 708 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (Final part 10) 311 views
- Franky and Benny’s confirms Deepdale restaurant plan with 40 jobs created 281 views
- Ringway roadworks: Overnight and weekend lane closures for urgent bridge repair works 193 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (Final part 10)12 comments
- Mystery of Prescott’s Court on student apartments construction site in Friargate8 comments
- Franky and Benny’s confirms Deepdale restaurant plan with 40 jobs created2 comments
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 6)17 comments
- Preston author reveals his unpublished story of George Formby’s fiancee, Pat Howson1 comments