Food festival set for Winckley Square in September
A giant edible map of Preston will take over Winckley Square in September as part of a food festival.
The Square Food Festival will run during the Guild and show off the best of Lancashire’s food and drink on Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September.
Visitors to the foodie feast will be able to make their favourite Preston building out of cake, and then eat them up at the Great Preston Picnic on Sunday 2 September.
Stella Hall, festival director at Preston Guild 2012, said: “This is a fantastic part of the Guild celebrations which will really highlight some of the delicious food and drink that is produced locally.
“Foodies of all ages will be able to get involved and experience a real taste of Lancashire. And with the fun food activities including foraging trips and Cake City on offer visitors need to bring an empty stomach and a full sense of adventure.”
The event is the culmination of the Love Food, Love Preston festival which runs throughout August and aims to promote eating out in the city.
Winckley Square will be transformed for the weekend and include tastings, workshops and lots of stalls selling local produce.
What do you think about the food festival? Will you be going? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to Tony Worrall
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston weather: Snow and ice warning as temperatures fall to MINUS three 1,368 views
- Talking ****: Four Preston roads declared dog fouling zones as Preston City Council acts on Blog Preston reader comments 839 views
- Good Samaritan who helped assault victim urged to come forward 247 views
- Preston ‘on the right road’ with Fishergate’s new look 205 views
- CCTV picture released of man wanted in connection with Preston station laptop theft 185 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo6 comments
- ‘Kiss and Ride’ now in operation at Preston Train Station5 comments
- Talking ****: Four Preston roads declared dog fouling zones as Preston City Council acts on Blog Preston reader comments5 comments
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 20155 comments
- Preston ‘on the right road’ with Fishergate’s new look5 comments