Food festival set for Winckley Square in September
A giant edible map of Preston will take over Winckley Square in September as part of a food festival.
The Square Food Festival will run during the Guild and show off the best of Lancashire’s food and drink on Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September.
Visitors to the foodie feast will be able to make their favourite Preston building out of cake, and then eat them up at the Great Preston Picnic on Sunday 2 September.
Stella Hall, festival director at Preston Guild 2012, said: “This is a fantastic part of the Guild celebrations which will really highlight some of the delicious food and drink that is produced locally.
“Foodies of all ages will be able to get involved and experience a real taste of Lancashire. And with the fun food activities including foraging trips and Cake City on offer visitors need to bring an empty stomach and a full sense of adventure.”
The event is the culmination of the Love Food, Love Preston festival which runs throughout August and aims to promote eating out in the city.
Winckley Square will be transformed for the weekend and include tastings, workshops and lots of stalls selling local produce.
What do you think about the food festival? Will you be going? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to Tony Worrall
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 2,779 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 2,185 views
- Fishergate roadworks: Parking crackdown to commence as main shopping street works end 1,274 views
- Tapas restaurant plan submitted for Preston Guild Hall arcade 659 views
- Preston taxis blockade Fishergate in parking ticket row 536 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments