Food festival set for Winckley Square in September
A giant edible map of Preston will take over Winckley Square in September as part of a food festival.
The Square Food Festival will run during the Guild and show off the best of Lancashire’s food and drink on Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September.
Visitors to the foodie feast will be able to make their favourite Preston building out of cake, and then eat them up at the Great Preston Picnic on Sunday 2 September.
Stella Hall, festival director at Preston Guild 2012, said: “This is a fantastic part of the Guild celebrations which will really highlight some of the delicious food and drink that is produced locally.
“Foodies of all ages will be able to get involved and experience a real taste of Lancashire. And with the fun food activities including foraging trips and Cake City on offer visitors need to bring an empty stomach and a full sense of adventure.”
The event is the culmination of the Love Food, Love Preston festival which runs throughout August and aims to promote eating out in the city.
Winckley Square will be transformed for the weekend and include tastings, workshops and lots of stalls selling local produce.
What do you think about the food festival? Will you be going? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to Tony Worrall
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Permission granted to increase Guild Hall capacity to 2900 plus further improvements 287 views
- Hogarths to host 1920’s night 235 views
- Preston man missing for over a month 106 views
- Preston author reveals his unpublished story of George Formby’s fiancee, Pat Howson 94 views
- DanceTalent flashmob takes over Preston Railway Station with Uptown Funk 65 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 2)19 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?5 comments