Food festival set for Winckley Square in September
A giant edible map of Preston will take over Winckley Square in September as part of a food festival.
The Square Food Festival will run during the Guild and show off the best of Lancashire’s food and drink on Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September.
Visitors to the foodie feast will be able to make their favourite Preston building out of cake, and then eat them up at the Great Preston Picnic on Sunday 2 September.
Stella Hall, festival director at Preston Guild 2012, said: “This is a fantastic part of the Guild celebrations which will really highlight some of the delicious food and drink that is produced locally.
“Foodies of all ages will be able to get involved and experience a real taste of Lancashire. And with the fun food activities including foraging trips and Cake City on offer visitors need to bring an empty stomach and a full sense of adventure.”
The event is the culmination of the Love Food, Love Preston festival which runs throughout August and aims to promote eating out in the city.
Winckley Square will be transformed for the weekend and include tastings, workshops and lots of stalls selling local produce.
What do you think about the food festival? Will you be going? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to Tony Worrall
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Shanice Romanienko missing: Police growing concerned for Preston teenager 3,761 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 1,978 views
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 512 views
- New nightclub Factory opening in Preston on October 31 379 views
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion 365 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city5 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Roadworks city: Extra funding means Preston potholes blitz4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments