Preston Health Mela returns to Guild Hall
A free event to help people understand the healthcare options available in the city takes place this weekend.
The Guild Hall will be filled with stalls alongside dance, music and entertainment for all ages on Saturday 21st April from 10am to 4pm.
This year – the 11th the Health Mela has taken place – will include a health eating workshop for children aged 7 and above.
The Junior Chef’s Academy will take place in the foyer at the Guild Hall at 11am, 12.30pm and 2pm.
Junior Chefs’ Academy head chief Paul Cooper said: “Health is the central theme of Saturday’s event.
“We have worked with the organisers before and they very kindly invited us to attend this year’s event, which promises to be great fun and very entertaining.
“Besides the food workshops that we’ll be organising, there will be dance, music and opportunities to take part in all kinds of other activities. I’m told that there’s even an exercise bike that visitors can use to make their own fruit smoothie drinks.”
The event is funded by Preston City Council and various NHS Trusts. The Mayor of Preston Bobbie Cartwright will be attending.
- 17th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)3 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Decision days in late June announced3 comments
- The best response to the election results? Preston support worker spends night out fund on hamper for food bank3 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree2 comments