Photos + Videos: Easter Egg Rolling in Avenham Park
Hundreds of people braved the wet weather yesterday to take part in the annual Easter Egg Rolling competition in Avenham Park.
View videos below from the event
The event, dating back to Victorian times, uses the famous slope in the park to send eggs tumbling down.
The Easter Bonnet parade also took place with over 60 competitors battling it out to be crowned the Easter champion.
View a slideshow of photos from the event
Did you go to the event? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below
- 10th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Penwortham girl dies during Cadley FC under-16s match 2,365 views
- Five women arrested after mass brawl outside Preston nightclub 2,165 views
- Former Ingol bakery to become new takeaway 567 views
- Preston is officially the third WETTEST city or town in Britain 399 views
- Preston Guild Hall: Venue officially transfers to Simon Rigby’s ownership 319 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments