Photos + Videos: Easter Egg Rolling in Avenham Park
Hundreds of people braved the wet weather yesterday to take part in the annual Easter Egg Rolling competition in Avenham Park.
View videos below from the event
The event, dating back to Victorian times, uses the famous slope in the park to send eggs tumbling down.
The Easter Bonnet parade also took place with over 60 competitors battling it out to be crowned the Easter champion.
View a slideshow of photos from the event
Did you go to the event? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below
- 10th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston carpeted with gigantic hail stones 2,696 views
- CCTV released in hunt for Plungington bottom-grabber 866 views
- Changes to be trialed for Penwortham flyover to reduce congestion 696 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3) 694 views
- New pictures of Simpson’s Gold Thread Works revealed by Preston Historical Society 370 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3)18 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?7 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments