Photos + Videos: Easter Egg Rolling in Avenham Park
Hundreds of people braved the wet weather yesterday to take part in the annual Easter Egg Rolling competition in Avenham Park.
View videos below from the event
The event, dating back to Victorian times, uses the famous slope in the park to send eggs tumbling down.
The Easter Bonnet parade also took place with over 60 competitors battling it out to be crowned the Easter champion.
View a slideshow of photos from the event
Did you go to the event? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below
- 10th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Gang armed with baseball bats and machetes attack cash van at Ribbleton newsagents 1,435 views
- Man found dead near Lane Ends Post Office 965 views
- Preston City Centre Plan: Council strategy aims to tackle Preston’s empty shops problem 487 views
- New Fulwood supermarket plan could go ahead despite threat to derail Ingol redevelopment 427 views
- Sparrow hawk feasts on pigeon infront of startled Friargate shoppers 369 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city6 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments