Mini moto rider from Ingol killed after lamppost crash
A man from Ingol has died after his mini moto crashed into a lamppost.
Collin Mayor, 22, was riding along Pope Lane onto Miller Road when he collided with the kerb and a lamppost.
He sustained multiple serious injuries and was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital, but died at around 9.30am yesterday.
The incident occured around 1.20pm on Tuesday and police have launched an appeal for information.
Sgt Jon Allwright, from Lancashire Police’s Force Road Policing Unit, said: “I’d appeal for any witnesses that saw the collision or anyone who may have seen the man riding the mini-moto earlier in the day to contact police on 101 and quote log number LC-20120410-0594.
“We have deployed specially trained officers to support the family at this time and thoughts are with them.
“This accident however provides a stark reminder to the danger of riding mini-motos, especially on the road.
“Anyone wishing for guidance on mini-motos should contact the road policing unit at Preston.”
- 12th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston supermarkets Christmas 2014 opening hours 218 views
- A582 widening: Public invited to give views as Penwortham dual carriageway plan moves forward 177 views
- A59 accident: Driver in serious condition in hospital after smash 111 views
- Appeal to find missing Fulwood cat Tilly 88 views
- Christmas market and late night shopping for Preston city centre during festive period 81 views
- Leyland Road water leak hits homes in Penwortham and southern Preston5 comments
- Missing Ribbleton brother and sister Marcus and Pareece Bottomley FOUND safe and well4 comments
- Alive After Five Awards finalists announced as 32,000 votes cast3 comments
- Preston Bus Station: Brake applied to £23 million plan as Conservatives make call-in request5 comments
- Water supply restored to Penwortham and southern Preston after NINE hours2 comments