Mini moto rider from Ingol killed after lamppost crash
A man from Ingol has died after his mini moto crashed into a lamppost.
Collin Mayor, 22, was riding along Pope Lane onto Miller Road when he collided with the kerb and a lamppost.
He sustained multiple serious injuries and was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital, but died at around 9.30am yesterday.
The incident occured around 1.20pm on Tuesday and police have launched an appeal for information.
Sgt Jon Allwright, from Lancashire Police’s Force Road Policing Unit, said: “I’d appeal for any witnesses that saw the collision or anyone who may have seen the man riding the mini-moto earlier in the day to contact police on 101 and quote log number LC-20120410-0594.
“We have deployed specially trained officers to support the family at this time and thoughts are with them.
“This accident however provides a stark reminder to the danger of riding mini-motos, especially on the road.
“Anyone wishing for guidance on mini-motos should contact the road policing unit at Preston.”
- 12th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston ‘on the right road’ with Fishergate’s new look 881 views
- Talking ****: Four Preston roads declared dog fouling zones as Preston City Council acts on Blog Preston reader comments 382 views
- Stuart’s new coffee business is full of beans 288 views
- Preston Visitor Information Centre moves to Town Hall as new Italian restaurant and wine bar planned 241 views
- Preston City Council anounces a freeze on pay and display car park charges 78 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo6 comments
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 20155 comments
- A brief history of Preston’s former public tramways5 comments
- Police close Lane Ends as man hit by car5 comments
- ‘Kiss and Ride’ now in operation at Preston Train Station1 comments