Mini moto rider from Ingol killed after lamppost crash
A man from Ingol has died after his mini moto crashed into a lamppost.
Collin Mayor, 22, was riding along Pope Lane onto Miller Road when he collided with the kerb and a lamppost.
He sustained multiple serious injuries and was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital, but died at around 9.30am yesterday.
The incident occured around 1.20pm on Tuesday and police have launched an appeal for information.
Sgt Jon Allwright, from Lancashire Police’s Force Road Policing Unit, said: “I’d appeal for any witnesses that saw the collision or anyone who may have seen the man riding the mini-moto earlier in the day to contact police on 101 and quote log number LC-20120410-0594.
“We have deployed specially trained officers to support the family at this time and thoughts are with them.
“This accident however provides a stark reminder to the danger of riding mini-motos, especially on the road.
“Anyone wishing for guidance on mini-motos should contact the road policing unit at Preston.”
- 12th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Five women arrested after mass brawl outside Preston nightclub 2,431 views
- Penwortham girl dies during Cadley FC under-16s match 2,406 views
- Former Ingol bakery to become new takeaway 598 views
- Preston is officially the third WETTEST city or town in Britain 438 views
- Fishergate roadworks: Parking crackdown to commence as main shopping street works end 429 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments