Mini moto rider from Ingol killed after lamppost crash
A man from Ingol has died after his mini moto crashed into a lamppost.
Collin Mayor, 22, was riding along Pope Lane onto Miller Road when he collided with the kerb and a lamppost.
He sustained multiple serious injuries and was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital, but died at around 9.30am yesterday.
The incident occured around 1.20pm on Tuesday and police have launched an appeal for information.
Sgt Jon Allwright, from Lancashire Police’s Force Road Policing Unit, said: “I’d appeal for any witnesses that saw the collision or anyone who may have seen the man riding the mini-moto earlier in the day to contact police on 101 and quote log number LC-20120410-0594.
“We have deployed specially trained officers to support the family at this time and thoughts are with them.
“This accident however provides a stark reminder to the danger of riding mini-motos, especially on the road.
“Anyone wishing for guidance on mini-motos should contact the road policing unit at Preston.”
- 12th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Joshua Bolton and Chloe Womack missing: Two Preston teenagers not seen since Wednesday 5,146 views
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Police appeal to piece together Preston student’s final movements 2,290 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7) 2,056 views
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street 861 views
- Teenage boy robbed and assaulted on West Cliff 839 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)16 comments
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 6)14 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street6 comments
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street6 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report5 comments