Mini moto rider from Ingol killed after lamppost crash
A man from Ingol has died after his mini moto crashed into a lamppost.
Collin Mayor, 22, was riding along Pope Lane onto Miller Road when he collided with the kerb and a lamppost.
He sustained multiple serious injuries and was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital, but died at around 9.30am yesterday.
The incident occured around 1.20pm on Tuesday and police have launched an appeal for information.
Sgt Jon Allwright, from Lancashire Police’s Force Road Policing Unit, said: “I’d appeal for any witnesses that saw the collision or anyone who may have seen the man riding the mini-moto earlier in the day to contact police on 101 and quote log number LC-20120410-0594.
“We have deployed specially trained officers to support the family at this time and thoughts are with them.
“This accident however provides a stark reminder to the danger of riding mini-motos, especially on the road.
“Anyone wishing for guidance on mini-motos should contact the road policing unit at Preston.”
- 12th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston carpeted with gigantic hail stones 1,518 views
- Penwortham Bypass: New route for link road in south of Preston due to be agreed 841 views
- CCTV released in hunt for Plungington bottom-grabber 387 views
- Could pacer trains to be a thing of the past from Preston station by 2020? 369 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3) 154 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3)19 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments
- Penwortham Bypass: New route for link road in south of Preston due to be agreed3 comments