Family mourn Preston man stabbed to death at Jessie J concert
The family of a Preston man stabbed to death at a Jessie J concert in London have paid tribute today.
Philip Sherriff, 37, was a sales manager with Blackberry and had only been with the mobile phone firm for just over a month.
His employers had organised the exclusive show at the Pulse nightclub in Southwark on Tuesday 3rd April.
Mr Sherriff died after being assaulted with a bottle and a 25-year-old man has been charged by police with his murder.
His wife, Jane Sherriff, said his death was “utterly devastating”.
She said: “Phil was the most genuine, likeable and generous man you could ever hope to meet.
“He was a perfect husband, son, and father to our daughter aged 8 and son aged 5. His death is completely and utterly devastating.”
Jessie J paid tribute to Mr Sherriff on Twitter after hearing of the attack.
She tweeted: “I am lost for words. All I can say is my thoughts, love and respects are with the family and children of the man who attended the blackberry gig last week who sadly lost his life this morning … So sad.”
The official Blackberry UK account tweeted their sympathies about the death of Mr Sherriff.
A short statement said: “We are deeply saddened to hear our colleague has died as a result of the attack on Tuesday 3rd April.
“Our thoughts are with his family and those close to him and we ask for the respect of their privacy at this difficult time.”
- 9th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Scare Kingdom attraction returns to Preston in October 1,585 views
- Preston’s homeless: the story of Bill goes viral on Facebook 934 views
- Pictured: Skinny dipper in the River Ribble 746 views
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble 704 views
- 15 literary figures you never knew were associated with Preston 699 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments