Contemporary arts MAPS Festival prepares for launch night
A creative arts festival for the city will hold its launched night later this month.
The MAPS Festival will be a one-day feast of contemporary arts across the city, and its cutator Jack Coverdale hopes the launch event will inspire even more people to get involved.
He said: “At the launch event we will be showing a work in process event, with an eclectic mix of contemporary performative work from both established and emergent artists.”
The launch night – dubbed Hatch – takes place upstairs at The Adelphi from 8pm on Monday 23rd April.
It will feature performances streamed live online via the MAPS website to allow people around the world to get involved.
Entry to the launch event is £2, and the festival itself – supported by Blog Preston – takes place on Saturday 8th September as part of the Preston Guild.
- 4th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Mokai nightclub owner celebrates successful opening week 491 views
- Scare Kingdom attraction returns to Preston in October 449 views
- Haunted Lancashire: Two Preston buildings named as paranormal hotspots 402 views
- Summer event goes ahead in Woodplumpton thanks to marquee funds 101 views
- Basshunter DJs at Evoque Preston as Freshers Week continues 65 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments