Contemporary arts MAPS Festival prepares for launch night
A creative arts festival for the city will hold its launched night later this month.
The MAPS Festival will be a one-day feast of contemporary arts across the city, and its cutator Jack Coverdale hopes the launch event will inspire even more people to get involved.
He said: “At the launch event we will be showing a work in process event, with an eclectic mix of contemporary performative work from both established and emergent artists.”
The launch night – dubbed Hatch – takes place upstairs at The Adelphi from 8pm on Monday 23rd April.
It will feature performances streamed live online via the MAPS website to allow people around the world to get involved.
Entry to the launch event is £2, and the festival itself – supported by Blog Preston – takes place on Saturday 8th September as part of the Preston Guild.
- 4th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)3 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Decision days in late June announced3 comments
- The best response to the election results? Preston support worker spends night out fund on hamper for food bank3 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree2 comments