Contemporary arts MAPS Festival prepares for launch night
A creative arts festival for the city will hold its launched night later this month.
The MAPS Festival will be a one-day feast of contemporary arts across the city, and its cutator Jack Coverdale hopes the launch event will inspire even more people to get involved.
He said: “At the launch event we will be showing a work in process event, with an eclectic mix of contemporary performative work from both established and emergent artists.”
The launch night – dubbed Hatch – takes place upstairs at The Adelphi from 8pm on Monday 23rd April.
It will feature performances streamed live online via the MAPS website to allow people around the world to get involved.
Entry to the launch event is £2, and the festival itself – supported by Blog Preston – takes place on Saturday 8th September as part of the Preston Guild.
- 4th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Unexploded mortar found near Avenham Park 674 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures 653 views
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved 613 views
- Watch: Military mortar detonated in controlled explosion in fields near River Ribble 477 views
- Garstang Road collision: Motorcyclist in hospital as police appeal for information 440 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures11 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Further delay to decision on Cuadrilla plans8 comments
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved3 comments
- Watch: Action Records documentary charting its place at the heart of Preston music scene1 comments
- Ringway roadworks: Overnight and weekend lane closures for urgent bridge repair works1 comments