Contemporary arts MAPS Festival prepares for launch night
A creative arts festival for the city will hold its launched night later this month.
The MAPS Festival will be a one-day feast of contemporary arts across the city, and its cutator Jack Coverdale hopes the launch event will inspire even more people to get involved.
He said: “At the launch event we will be showing a work in process event, with an eclectic mix of contemporary performative work from both established and emergent artists.”
The launch night – dubbed Hatch – takes place upstairs at The Adelphi from 8pm on Monday 23rd April.
It will feature performances streamed live online via the MAPS website to allow people around the world to get involved.
Entry to the launch event is £2, and the festival itself – supported by Blog Preston – takes place on Saturday 8th September as part of the Preston Guild.
- 4th, April 2012
Most Read posts
- Shanice Romanienko missing: Police growing concerned for Preston teenager 3,458 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 1,915 views
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 493 views
- New nightclub Factory opening in Preston on October 31 374 views
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion 357 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city5 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Roadworks city: Extra funding means Preston potholes blitz4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments